As a means to help minimize the spread of COVID-19, we have temporarily changed our visitation policy at St. Mary’s and Clearwater Valley Hospitals and emergency rooms in Cottonwood and Orofino. Limiting visitors helps us reduce the risk of infection. People, who have signs and symptoms of illness, including fever, cough or shortness of breath, are asked not to visit patients. We’re reminding everyone to practice excellent infection control by covering your mouth when you cough, washing your hands and using hand sanitizer frequently. The new temporary policy is effective immediately.
As of right now, our policy is for NO visitors EXCEPT in the following circumstances:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner and one birth support person accompany them.
- No children under the age of 16
- Patients who are under the age of 18
- May have one visitor, or parents or guardians
- For the Nursery:
- Birth parent plus one significant other
- Patients who are at the end-of-life
We reserve the right to deny access to ANY visitor that appears unhealthy, is displaying symptoms of sickness or is running a fever.
As situations arise or evolve, this guideline may be adjusted.
Thank you for sharing this information to help promote community health.