St. Mary’s and Clearwater Valley Hospitals & Clinics are actively working on preparedness for COVID-19/Coronavirus. The situation is rapidly changing…. so please be aware policy changes may be in place when you arrive.
Guidelines to the public:
- Avoid the emergency room unless it’s essential. The emergency room is trying to limit any possible exposure and serve those with critical needs.
- Stay home if you’re sick – even if symptoms are mild.
- Practice good personal hygiene habits, including handwashing, coughing into your elbow, and avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
As of right now, our policy is for NO visitors EXCEPT in the following circumstances:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner and one birth support person accompany them.
- No children under the age of 16
- Patients who are under the age of 18
- May have one visitor, or parents or guardians
- For the Nursery:
- Birth parent plus one significant other
- Patients who are at the end-of-life
We reserve the right to deny access to ANY visitor that appears unhealthy, is displaying symptoms of sickness or is running a fever.
The most up to date information on this rapidly changing situation can be found on the CDC website.
You can also receive Idaho-specific updates at coronavirus.idaho.gov.
Important to note about the illness:
- Most people with COVID-19 will have mild illness
- Not everyone needs to be tested and testing is not yet widely available
- We are actively working on plans to care for patients with severe coronavirus
- High-risk patients for severe coronavirus disease are older and have comorbidities (other health issues)