At St. Mary’s Hospital and Clinics and Clearwater Valley Hospital and Clinics, we understand the importance of receiving health care when you need it, regardless of your financial situation. We want to give our patients as much information about the cost of healthcare as we can.
It’s important to let us know if you are having, or anticipate having, problems paying your bills. You can contact us directly and we can assist you in resolving issues with your medical bills, and answer any questions you may have about our Financial Assistance Program.
Our representatives will work with you to determine what programs you may qualify for, as well as identify any state or federal programs you may be eligible for. They can even assist you in filling out the necessary paperwork.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
St. Mary’s Hospital and Clinics and Clearwater Valley Hospital and Clinics, are dedicated to making a health difference in people’s lives. In fulfilling our mission, we offer financial assistance to our patients whose insurance coverage and/or ability to pay their medical bills is limited.
Our Financial Assistance Program provides a discount on bills for medically necessary care. The program may cover current and outstanding bills – up to 36 months prior to the enrollment in the program – and may remain in effect for 6 months after enrollment.
You may qualify for financial assistance when:
- You are uninsured.
- Your insurance policy does not provide full coverage for medically necessary (PDF) care.
- You have substantial out-of-pocket expenses and are unable to manage your medical bills.
To determine if you would be eligible for one of our Financial Assistance Programs, you will need to complete a Financial Assistance Application (PDF)and provide all the necessary documentation that is required.
- You may be eligible for a 100% discount if your household income is below 160% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines.
- You may be eligible for a 75% discount if your household income is less than 225% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines.
- You may be eligible for a 50% discount if your household income is less than 310% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines.
- If your income is above 310% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines and your medical bills exceed 20% of your annualized income, you may also apply for a catastrophic discount. This program is limited to one episode of care which includes any subsequent medical treatment or services related to that same episode of care, or a series of ongoing medical service that are intended to treat a specific diagnosis. A Financial Assistance Application will need to be completed to be considered for this discount.
You can contact us for more information and all forms needed regarding the Financial Assistance Program. Once we have reviewed a completed application, which includes the necessary documentation; within 30 days of receiving the completed application, our office will notify you of the determination by letter. Failure to provide a completed application will result in a denial.