St. Mary’s Health and Clearwater Valley Health Virtual Care
At St. Mary’s Health and Clearwater Valley Health, we know that poor weather conditions, work schedules and sometimes just the distance to travel combined with your health conditions can make it difficult to visit one of our clinics. Virtual Care, also called telehealth or telemedicine, allows providers at SMH & CVH to reach patients when and where they need us, with care that is convenient and effective. The same providers you know and trust perform our Virtual Care appointments. It is a modern-day version of the “house-call”, bringing health care directly to you.
How does it work?
- When you call the clinic to schedule your appointment, simply ask the scheduler for a Virtual Care visit.
- A link will be sent prior to your appointment that you will use to connect with you provider.
- You will receive a reminder call and may be asked additional questions to update your records.
- Please check with your insurance carrier to make sure they will cover this type of visit and if any co-pays would be due.
What is appropriate for a Virtual Care visit?
These are a few examples of what is appropriate for a Virtual Care visit:
- Non-Life-Threatening Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Follow Up Visits
- Medication Checks
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
- Chronic Care Management
- Discuss Test Results
- Lifestyle Coaching
- Smoking Cessation
- Counseling- Depression/Anxiety
- Diabetic Education
- Nutrition Consult
- Parenting Advice/Guidance
Same-Day Virtual Care
To schedule a Virtual Care visit please call Clearwater Valley Health at 208-476-5777 or St. Mary’s Health at 208-962-3267. The schedulers will be able to give you the next available Virtual Care appointment date and time.
If you are experiencing an emergency that is causing immediate danger to your life/health we ask that you go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.